Friday, May 15, 2009

Devyn's due date

Devyn's due date was May 12th. No one in my family remembered except maybe my husband. One friend of mine remembered. She called me and let me know that she was thinking of me. I love her for that more than she knows. She remembers that even though my son never took a breath, or physically walked on this earth, he is somebody. Somebody who deserves to be remembered.  I guess since Devyn is not physically here with me, he is not tangible to others and he is not in many peoples mental calendar really, except for mine, his mommie. 
I worked on the 12th, but kind of just went through the motions. I didn't stay late like I usually do. I went to a plant nursery a purchased a clematis to plant in Devyn's memory garden. I spent the rest of the afternoon in to the evening in his garden, weeding planting, digging, mulching and talking to Devyn in my mind. It's sad in a way that this is all that I can do for my son. When I was done my heart still ached. And that nagging dirty three letter word "why" was ringing within me stronger than ever. Why can't I hold my baby boy in my arms?? Why did he have to die?? 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm sorry that you were so sad, and that you felt that awful nagging feeling. You are not alone. Your baby boy is being well taken care of in heaven. I know you in theory already know this and I also know it doesn't help the pain that you feel at the moment. Just know that he is and always will be your son. His breaths or days on earth don't matter. He's your son.
You are in my prayers

Jason and Vanessa said...

I'm so glad that you view all of your kids as your children. It broke my heart when I read what your ob told you. Life begins at conception and all life no matter how long or short is a gift from God!
I would love to send you the book Safe in the Arms of God by John MacArthur it really helped my husband and I after the death of our conjoined twins last November.
I will be praying for you!
Email me your address if you would like the book vkdelgado@hotmail.com

Vanessa

Gone said...

Oh my...such a sad story. My heart breaks for you and your husband and other children.

I've been sitting here, with tears in my eyes, reading your entire blog. (I visited from Vayden's blog.)

If you don't mind...I'm going to add you to our Prayer List on our Blog (right column). We will be praying steadfastly for all of you!

Lord...please wrap your arms around this family and give them peace...and LOVE!

~Blessings,
Jan & Tom